Flawless skin is the dream of every individual. Everybody loves a fair and glowing skin and it helps boost one’s confidence. But, nowadays, acne, blackheads, pimples and dark circles have become a major concern among the people, especially youngsters. They spend a lot of money on products to get glowing skin. But remember there are also side effects from these products. Here are some natural ayurvedic face packs that will help you get the radiant glowing skin without burdening the pocket.
The secrets of beauty lie in Ayurveda. It is one of the oldest known systems of natural healing, beneficial for everything from disease to skin problems. According to Ayurveda, Skin problems are normally due to impurities in the blood. Accumulated toxins in the blood during improper food and lifestyle cause various skin related diseases. In order to enhance your skin complexion or to get a glowing skin, there are some excellent Ayurvedic remedies that can help lighten the skin tone, make skin radiant and blemish free. Apart from zero side effects, they are extremely effective on all skin types making them extremely desirable.
Here are some homemade Ayurvedic face packs you can try for a smooth, glowing complexion.
1. Marigold or Rose Face Pack
Ever tried face masks with flowers? It’s time you give it a shot. Face Pack made from rose petals or marigold is great for sensitive skin that’s prone to breakouts as it has anti-bacterial properties. They have been used from ancient times to enhance the glow of the skin. These flowers are easily available, so just grab a few and make a fresh flowery paste as directed below.
Get some marigold or rose flowers (around 3-4) and separate the petals.
- Add one teaspoon of honey and then raw milk to the crushed marigold/rose flowers.
- Mix them till you get a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before you wash it with lukewarm water.
The milk and honey moisturize the skin. So you won’t need a moisturizer afterward. It’s a perfect skincare in one pack. Besides the amazing aroma, the pack also has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that heal the aggravated pimples. Do this for at least one or two times a week to help tighten the pores and get an amazing glowing skin. And this is a perfect ayurvedic face pack for oily skin.
2. Turmeric and Besan Face Pack
This is the most common homemade ayurvedic face pack for glowing skin. Turmeric has several properties that increase immunity and also minimize different allergies on the skin. Besan is also a commonly used ingredient for glowing skin.
- Mix two teaspoons of gram flour with a pinch of turmeric.
- Mix these with rose water or raw milk and make a paste.
- You can also add few drops of lemon to it if you wish.
- Apply the paste on your face and keep it on for 15 minutes, before washing off.
This is a long-term beauty regime, so try and use this pack every day for a month and see your dark spots and blemishes disappear. This is a commonly used technique in India to add a glow to the bride’s face just before her wedding.
Tip: Immediately wash your face once you see the face pack cracking. Dry face packs should not remain on the skin for long as it can bring forth fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Sandalwood Mask
Use of sandalwood (Chandan) for beauty is an age-old tradition, which is efficient even today. Many beauty soaps and products use sandalwood in their ingredients. To make this face mask, you can use the easily available sandalwood powder instead of grabbing a sandalwood stick and rubbing it on the stone. Both the alternatives do equal justice. To make this pack:
- Mix sandalwood powder with either plain water or rose water to make it a paste.
- Apply it on your face and leave on for 15 minutes, and then wash it off.
- You can also leave this pack on overnight.
- Use this mask twice or thrice in a month for better results.
Sandalwood softens the skin and reduces the fine lines. It also soothes irritated, reddened skin and makes the skin lighter. This is among the most popular face packs for glowing skin.
4. Lavender oil, Turmeric and Besan Facemask
Benefits of turmeric and besan have been discussed earlier. Similarly, lavender oil is also a natural ingredient which has great benefits on the skin. When it is used in combination with turmeric and besan, it becomes even more effective as a face pack.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric and besan in a little quantity of lavender oil.
- You can also add 1 small tbsp of sandalwood paste and few drops of rose oil to it.
- Mix it all with some malai or buttermilk. If your skin is too oily, then you can skip butter from this pack.
- Apply this paste to the face and leave for some time. Ensure you leave the paste for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Then, wash your face with normal water.
This face pack helps in tackling dry skin at the same time makes way for sparkling glow in 2 or 3 uses. When used at least once a week, it relieves stress, thus giving your skin youthful glow.
5. Honey and Lemon Face Pack
If there are any natural ingredients beneficial for health and skin, it has to be honey and lemon. They have immense benefits so much so that they are used in almost all remedies in some or the other way. This homemade ayurvedic face pack includes anti-oxidant and moisturizing properties, which helps you to achieve clean and light skin. Lemon lightens your skin while honey is a powerful moisturizer.
- Add little amount of honey to fresh lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture to your face excluding the eye area and let it be there for a few minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water after 10-15 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can simply rub the honey infused lemon over your face gently.
This pack will help you achieve soft, glowing skin in no time.
NOTE: Your skin might be sensitive to lemon juice and you may feel burning sensation. So test it on your hands or elbow before using it on your face.
6. Red sandalwood and Manjistha
Red sandalwood (Rakta Chandan) is equally impactful as the sandalwood when it comes to glowing skin. It is known to cure skin allergies, blemishes and lighten the skin complexion. Also, Manjistha holds the reputation of a very good skin care herb. Both these ingredients in the powdered form can be used for making a face pack.
- Take one teaspoonful of Raktchandan and some Manjistha powder.
- Mix both of these well with milk or Rose water.
- A few drops of lemon juice would further enhance the results.
- Mix them well to form a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the cleansed face.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
- Use this ayurvedic face pack twice a week for better results.
7. Rose petals, Sandalwood and Turmeric Face Mask
Another good ayurvedic face pack to improve skin complexion is with sandalwood, turmeric and rose petals. While Sandalwood soothes the irritated or sunburnt skin, Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties which will treat acne (if you have) and Rose petals will add a rosy glow to the face and lightens the skin simultaneously.
- Mix one teaspoon of sandalwood powder and 2-3 pinches of Turmeric Powder.
- Now grind/crush 5-6 rose petals and mix this into the other two ingredients.
- Make a paste of all the ingredients with rose water or plain water or even milk.
- Apply the paste on your face and rinse it off after 20 minutes with plain water.
- Use this face pack at least once a week to get the maximum benefits.
This ayurvedic face pack contains all the great ingredients that will make skin fair and blemish free.
8. Aloe Vera and Lemon Face Pack
Aloe Vera helps in reducing the tan on your skin. Use this face pack every time every time you’ve been out in the sun.
- Take 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel and mix it with a teaspoon of rose water and a spoonful of lemon juice
- Apply the solution on the face and keep it on for 15 minutes and wash off.
- You can use ice after you’ve used this pack to close your pores.
9. Potato and Lemon Face Mask
Potato peel has been used by many women from ancient times for glowing skin. Potato consists of vitamins and nutrients that lighten the skin tone and additionally reduce the ugly spots on the skin.
- Peel the potato and then grate it to a smooth pulp.
- Add some lemon juice to the smooth potato pulp.
- Apply this paste on your cleansed face.
- Let it dry for about 20 minutes and then wash off.
10. Tomato and Cucumber Face Pack
Tomatoes help to brighten the skin tone, while cucumber is a hydrating agent which refreshes the skin. Hence, this pack can not only brighten your skin but also create a protection layer against sunburns, pollution, etc., which are ultimately the reasons behind the dark skin.
- Crush tomato to form a smooth paste.
- Grate half cucumber and add it to the tomato paste.
- Apply the paste on your face.
- Keep it for 20 minutes and then wash if off.
11. Papaya and Honey Facemask
Papaya is also one very rich fruit which is good for skin. With loads of vitamins, it prevents skin infection and facilitates moisturizing of the skin.
- Crush papaya to a thick paste and add one teaspoon of honey to it.
- Apply this paste to your face and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Then, wash your face after about 15-20 minutes to get a rich and glowing skin.
12. Banana and Almond oil
If you were looking for easy to make face pack, this is the one you will love. You just need a banana and little bit of almond oil for this face pack. With rich nutrients, banana is very good for your skin. Similarly, almond oil which is beneficial for hair can also be useful for glowing skin.
- Crush a ripped banana into a smooth paste and add a few drops of almond oil to it.
- Apply this paste to your face and wash it off with water after 20-25 minutes.
So, hurry and try out these natural ayurvedic face packs at your home! These face packs not only shows their long lasting results in making the skin better but also makes sure that there are no side effects. It is important to determine the best ones for outstanding results.